- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Albanian consumers eat 33kg of onions per year
"We estimate that around 60,000 tons of onions are produced domestically, although there are no exact figures. Most of the production takes place in the SE region of Albania, which has a colder climate compared to the rest of the Balkans," Miron shared.
"Since onion consumption in Albania is so high, prices stay low and stable all year round."
Onion production runs from the beginning of autumn through to the middle of winter. A wide range of varieties are grown in the country, but the Stuttgart is the most produced, following by red varieties.
"There are plenty of interesting private initiatives in the Korca region and also a few supported by the Albanian Government where you can find massive cold storage facilities that collect and preserve onions," concluded Miron.
For more information:
L&B Fruits 2006
Tel: +355 693320403
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 China: Gansu onions damaged by weather
- 10/19/2018 Vidalia onions look to the future with mechanical planting
- 10/19/2018 Louisiana bans sweet potatoes from NC, SC, and FL
- 10/19/2018 Higher shallot production for Indonesia
- 10/19/2018 Lewis Lydon receives 2018 Reg Miller Award
- 10/18/2018 Yield organic of potatoes has not collapsed as much as that of conventional ones
- 10/18/2018 India: Onions likely to cost Rs 45 a kg by Diwali on low crop
- 10/18/2018 Egypt - “We aim to export 5,000 tons of sweet potato next year”
- 10/18/2018 Most of North Carolina's sweet potato crop saved
- 10/18/2018 Onion Market and Crop Update for October 18, 2018
- 10/17/2018 Spain: Potato campaign coming to an end in Castile-Leon
- 10/17/2018 “More potato virus cases suspected”
- 10/17/2018 UK potato farmers feel effects of variable weather
- 10/17/2018 "Very few transactions on the fresh market"
- 10/17/2018 Belgium: Potato yield, size and EPS are the lowest in the last 4 harvests
- 10/16/2018 Test grubbing delivers lower yields than expected
- 10/15/2018 Potato, onion and carrot market in Lower Austria: Stable market situation
- 10/15/2018 “We’ve never been out of potatoes before”
- 10/15/2018 ''Hurricane leads to sweet potato harvest problems in the US''
- 10/15/2018 Scotland: Guide for potato pest