Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
In non-oil sector
Azerbaijan: Tomatoes are the main export productAzerbaijan’s main market in 2017 remained Russia, importing goods worth $553 million: more than a third of the total volume. However, Azerbaijan is engaged in efforts to diversify the non-oil economy and increase its exports of non-oil products. The main export product of the non-oil sector in 2017 was the tomato, with a total volume on foreign markets of some $152 million.
Interest in vegetables, especially in Azerbaijani tomatoes, has been increasing since 2004. This undoubtedly affected the economic activities of farmers, that began to expand the area of vegetable gardens. The peak year for tomato production was 2008, when the acreage reached 27.212 hectares throughout the country.
Today, the export of tomatoes is the most profitable area of the non-oil sector. For the first eight months of 2017, it brought $128 million into the nation, a growth of almost 60 percent.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: