Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Collapse of tomato prices in UkraineTomato prices are falling quickly in the Ukrainian market, reports APK-Inform: Vegetables and Fruits. According to the project's daily monitoring, the prices for this product have fallen by almost a quarter in a week.
At the moment, traders are already willing to ship tomatoes for 35-38 UAH/kg (0.99-1.07 Euro/kg). For comparison, a week earlier the prices for these products in Ukraine often reached 50 UAH/kg (1.41 Euro/kg).
The main reason for this price trend, according to market players, is the extremely low demand for the product. Wholesale companies and retailers are buying tomatoes in small batches, allegedly because of low consumer demand. Moreover, buyers are often said to be dissatisfied with the quality of the tomatoes on offer.
As a result, the price of tomatoes in Ukraine is about 13-16% cheaper than in the second half of January 2017, and market players do not rule out further price drops.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: