Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Potential for contamination with Listeria
Recall of Simplot Classic Vegetables® Meadow BlendThe J.R. Simplot Company Food Group is voluntarily recalling approximately 954 cases of Simplot Classic Vegetables® Meadow Blend, processed and packaged by the National Frozen Food Corporation, due to the potential for contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. Listeria is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, the elderly and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may experience only short term symptoms such as fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Simplot was informed by National Frozen Foods that this product was included in a larger recall of products due to an ingredient having been tested and found positive for Listeria monocytogenes by a 3rd party. There have been no reported illnesses associated with this product recall.
The product recall is limited to the product listed below.
ITEM NO: 10071179671664
ITEM: Simplot Classic Vegetables® Meadow Blend
MANUF CODE: 965 AUG 08 17 05
Each case and individual interior bag is marked with the manufacturing code listed above. Products bearing other “manufacturing codes” are not affected.
All impacted customers and distributors will be notified of the recall and directed to place on hold any remaining inventory, cease selling, stocking and serving the specific product listed above. Simplot requests that all customers who further distributed this specific code inform their own customers to do the same.
Simplot Customer Service will work with customers to disposition any affected inventory and replenish as necessary.
Any questions can be directed to Simplot Quality Assurance at 1-800-448-5545.
J.R. Simplot Company
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: