Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Going bananas: Cocaine seizures in Spain doubled in 2017The amount of cocaine seized in Spain more than doubled in 2017 over the previous year. Authorities seized 32 tonnes of cocaine, up from 15 tonnes in 2016.
Spanish enforcement agencies seized 40% of all South American cocaine that was intercepted across Europe and 70% of the Moroccan hashish.
According to euroweeklynews.com, the Ministry of the Interior said that due to the successes of the Spanish police, drug traffickers have been forced to open new routes to bring drugs into Europe, through Belgium and the Netherlands.
Spain made a huge cocaine bust in November when 5.8 tonnes of the drug were discovered on a container ship in the port of Algeciras. The ship was supposedly carrying bananas. The cocaine from that one haul had a street value of around € 210 million.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: