Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Low cost onion storage facilityA young farmer from Madhya Pradesh, India, has developed a new kind of low-cost onion storage facility, coming to the rescue of onion farmers all across the country. Rohit Patel’s idea for a new type of onion storage is a 600 square ft structure, able to hold more than 50 tons of onions. It has a base consisting of a wire mesh, 15 cm’s above the ground. Importantly, there are 6 exhaust fans for keeping the onions dry and cool and to prevent them from rotting.
The storage facility cost is cheaper than commercially available storage facilities. It has a cost of around of 25000 rupees (320 euros). For the farmers, this is a cost-effective and excellent way of storing onions.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: