Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Government sponsored transport for organic produce in Sikkim stateSikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling said that, in each assembly constituency, the state government would provide a vehicle for the transport of fresh organic produce to the markets.
This decision is aimed at mitigating future shortages of fruit and vegetables in the market, as imports of non-organic produce from outside Sikkim will be banned from April 1st, 2018.
Outlook India reported on opposition parties having raised concerns over the likely shortages and the ensuing effects on the prices of he agricultural products.
The promise of government sponsored vehicles would help Sikkim become a self-sufficient and self-reliant state in the agriculture and horticulture sectors.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: