Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- WAPA: EU expects biggest apple harvest in 10 years
- Indiana Troopers find 1 million dollars worth of marijuana stashed with lettuce
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Government sponsored transport for organic produce in Sikkim stateSikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling said that, in each assembly constituency, the state government would provide a vehicle for the transport of fresh organic produce to the markets.
This decision is aimed at mitigating future shortages of fruit and vegetables in the market, as imports of non-organic produce from outside Sikkim will be banned from April 1st, 2018.
Outlook India reported on opposition parties having raised concerns over the likely shortages and the ensuing effects on the prices of he agricultural products.
The promise of government sponsored vehicles would help Sikkim become a self-sufficient and self-reliant state in the agriculture and horticulture sectors.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: