Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: West Bengal’s first floating marketThe lake at Patuli in South Kolkata that has been transformed into a floating market, similar to the one in Thailand, and is 400 metres long and 60 metres wide.
West Bengal’s first floating market was unveiled by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday. The market has shopkeepers on boats selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, fish and meat.
The Indian Express quoted an official saying: “Buyers will have a unique experience. They can stand along the walkways and shop. The boats will have gates, which will allow buyers to make an entry and exit."
The idea behind launching the floating market was basically to rehabilitate shop owners of the Baishnabghata-Patuli market, from which 228 shopkeepers had been forced to leave.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: