Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: West Bengalís first floating marketThe lake at Patuli in South Kolkata that has been transformed into a floating market, similar to the one in Thailand, and is 400 metres long and 60 metres wide.
West Bengalís first floating market was unveiled by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday. The market has shopkeepers on boats selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, fish and meat.
The Indian Express quoted an official saying: ďBuyers will have a unique experience. They can stand along the walkways and shop. The boats will have gates, which will allow buyers to make an entry and exit."
The idea behind launching the floating market was basically to rehabilitate shop owners of the Baishnabghata-Patuli market, from which 228 shopkeepers had been forced to leave.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: