Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Influencer promotion shows power of amplified social media
During the first week of December 2017, FullTilt Marketing connected nine food bloggers and four food brands to promote holiday recipes and entertaining ideas via #MerryEats. Participating brands included T&G Global’s Envy Apples, Jarlsberg Cheese, NatureSweet’s Constellation tomatoes and Rainier Fruit’s organic Bartlett pears.
With daily blog content, Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, valuable giveaways exceeding $750 in prizes and amplified content across all social platforms, the #MerryEats program scored engagement of more than 78,600 views with impressions exceeding 1.2 million, while gaining new fans and followers for the sponsors and opt-in signups to an email mailing address allowing for future remarketing efforts.
During the week long event, consumers were able to access a variety of unique holiday ideas for appetizers, salads, main dishes, desserts and cocktails featuring the sponsors’ products. The blog posts also included entertaining tips and printable gift tags, place cards, décor and more. In addition to the 78,600 views, the posts received 21,241 likes, 7,051 pins, 2,105 shares and 597 comments.
When possible, recipes incorporated multiple sponsored products to leverage the power of cross-promotion and shared amplification. One food blogger incorporated the Envy Apples #ShowUsYourStocking Instagram campaign with a unique post featuring a stocking stuffer craft project using Santa-styled Envy apples along with a jar of homemade caramel sauce decorated as a reindeer.
Visitors to the bloggers’ websites also had the opportunity to register for a chance to win a variety of prize packages valued over $500. In just one week, nearly 3,000 consumers registered for the giveaways and shared opt-in contact information.
Melinda Goodman, Managing Partner of FullTilt Marketing commented, “Online influencers are the new face of food promotion and word-of-mouth marketing. Multiple research studies report that consumers place high degrees of trust in these micro influencers about what to cook and what to buy.”
Due to the success of this promotion, FullTilt Marketing is currently planning additional food blogger amplification events for 2018, including a Back to School campaign this August and a similar holiday promotion for late 2018.
For more information:
Full Tilt Marketing
+1 (414) 469-5524
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: