Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Cucumber shipment with some 360 kgs of marijuanaU.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Field Operations (OFO) at the Pharr International Bridge cargo facility discovered 790 pounds of alleged marijuana concealed within a commercial trailer hauling a shipment of cucumbers.
“Despite the inclement weather, our officers remain resolute and determined in continuing to carry out the CBP mission. By halting this drug smuggling attempt we continue to make our communities safer,” said Port Director Carlos Rodriguez, Hidalgo/Pharr/Anzalduas Port of Entry.
Packages containing 790 pounds of marijuana hidden within a commercial shipment of cucumbers seized by CBP officers at Pharr International Bridge
On Jan. 17, CBP officers from the Pharr International Bridge cargo facility referred a white 1994 Freightliner tractor-trailer hauling a commercial shipment of cucumbers for a secondary inspection. During the secondary inspection, CBP officers utilized a non-intrusive imagining (NII) system along with the help of a canine team to locate the narcotics. CBP officers extracted 285 packages containing a total of 790.35 pounds of alleged marijuana concealed within the commercial trailer. The narcotics have an estimated street value of $158,070.
CBP OFO seized the drugs. The case remains under investigation by Homeland Security Investigations special agents.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: