- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Through Israeli know-how
Indian farmers learning how to double their yields
Then they learned about the AgriTech Fair, an international fair in the Israeli city of Tel Aviv, where world leaders, scientists, farmers and many others gather to discuss, among other things, the latest agricultural techniques. Israel has long been a leader in agriculture and water technologies.
The Bhinradias made their way to the fair in 2015. It must have been quite a major decision, and it paid off. They learned about some pretty advanced farming techniques, such as nethouses, which are sort of like greenhouses with insect-proof nets. Keeping insects out saves plants from being eaten and getting sick, without chemicals.
"Many villagers in the district of Botad have adopted the Israeli nethouse and greenhouse methods. It protects trees in adverse climate like wind and cold. Simultaneously, it protects trees from diseases."
An article by fromthegrapevine.com shows how, since learning about the new techniques, the farmers have gathered together with about 100 other farmers in the area, steadily exchanging farming tips. "Israeli farmers taught us not to allow climbers to grow too much," continued Bhinradia. "We experimented with their methods and it gave us better results. It doubled the yield." Now they're growing chikku, dates, gooseberries, pears and watermelons on their farm.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Greenhouse production changes to boost wintertime yields
- 2018-11-16 Russia seeks self-sufficiency in greenhouse vegetable production
- 2018-11-16 "Our systems are making producers more interesting as employers"
- 2018-11-16 US (CA): Microgreens grower has been supplying restaurants for two decades
- 2018-11-13 Snug supply scene for greenhouse tomatoes in North America
- 2018-11-12 “Belgium greenhouse vegetables start to experience competition from the South”
- 2018-11-07 Russia: Greenhouse vegetable production up by more than 25%
- 2018-11-07 “It’s our high-tech farming that allows our Vietnamese red chili to be competitive”
- 2018-11-06 Spain: Expansion of greenhouse acreage in Eastern Andalusia
- 2018-11-05 Greenhouse courgettes: free market more favourable than green
- 2018-11-02 Results out from Village Farms' tomato taste challenge at PMA
- 2018-11-01 Turkey: Manisa ranks second in national geothermal greenhouse production
- 2018-11-01 Turkey: Greenhouse tomato grower moves harvest time to an earlier date
- 2018-10-31 Pakistani farmers urged to grow off-season vegetables
- 2018-10-30 Local produce brand expands to Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia
- 2018-10-26 Fresh produce industry supports targeted carbon tax relief for greenhouse growers
- 2018-10-25 Russian tomato grower to invest $550 million in Uzbekistan project
- 2018-10-19 US (CA): Smart Cannabis retrofits greenhouses in Monterey County
- 2018-10-18 Greenhouse grower to offer taste-tests "behind closed doors" at PMA
- 2018-10-18 Can the Russian greenhouse industry overcome challenges?