Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cherry Growers Inc. to liquidateMichigan-based company Cherry Growers Inc. is no more. President and general manager Eric MacLeod said: "We did actually announce to our employees last Friday an immediate and indefinite layoff.” About 80 people lost their jobs.
The company's assets will be sold to help pay creditors. Those assets include specialized fruit-processing equipment and two facilities, one in Grawn and one in Leelanau County.
Record-eagle.com reports how Cherry Growers Inc. filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection five months ago. Macleod could not supply a timeline for liquidation. Cherry Growers was created in 1939. It moved to Grawn in 1968 from a facility in Traverse City.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: