- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Poland: Aid for market withdrawal of apples exhausted in one day
"In the Mazowiecki Regional Branch of ARiMR, we accepted about 3 thousand 387 applications. The Mazowieckie voivodship accounted for more applications than all other provinces combined," told the director of the Mazowiecki Regional Branch of ARiMR, Beata Kalinowska.
The European Commission under has granted Poland a quota for the market withdrawal of apples and pears of 77.5 thousand tonnes. This fruit is given to charity in exchange for EU compensations. The idea is to reduce the market supply and help fruit producers in selling their surpluses.
Compensation for the free delivery of apples to charities is 16.98 Euro per 100 kg, plus the cost involved in the packing and transport of the products. Withdrawn fruit must also meet the commercial quality standards.
This huge interest from the producers can be explained by the difficult situation on the market, as reported by the President of the Union of Polish Fruit Growers, Mirosław Maliszewski. He said that the purchase prices are quite low, standing at about 0.70 zloty per kilo (about 0.17 Euro).
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Spain: Subtropical crop producers seek joint promotion in Europe
- 10/19/2018 Asparagus: each country has its own sales channels
- 10/19/2018 Why farm-worker migration is booming
- 10/19/2018 Belize signs Fruit Fly Control Cooperative agreement
- 10/19/2018 Central & South America intent on Free Trade Agreements with Morocco
- 10/19/2018 USDA proposes changes in grade and size requirements for Florida citrus
- 10/19/2018 Bruce D. Camenzind suspended and assessed civil penalty in settlement with USDA
- 10/19/2018 Russian billionaire buys four farms in Namibia
- 10/18/2018 Edeka and Rewe object to EU proposal for 'farmer protection'
- 10/18/2018 UK: Defra still short of 1,400 staff
- 10/18/2018 US Treasury sends China warning shot regarding currency
- 10/18/2018 No more EU fruit pickers for the UK
- 10/18/2018 ‘Ag visa is coming, but not this fruit picking season’
- 10/18/2018 Google announces $900,000 grant to train Kenyan farmers
- 10/18/2018 US: Many legal Mexican workers coming to South Carolina
- 10/17/2018 Egypt: Wastewater treatment plants to irrigate plantations in Sinai
- 10/17/2018 Peru uses less than 10% of the land that is suitable for agriculture
- 10/17/2018 India: APM Terminals resumes operations at Nava Sheva freight station
- 10/17/2018 €172 million to promote EU agri-food products in and outside the EU
- 10/17/2018 British Growers welcomes announcement on Produce Organisations