- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Poland: Aid for market withdrawal of apples exhausted in one day
"In the Mazowiecki Regional Branch of ARiMR, we accepted about 3 thousand 387 applications. The Mazowieckie voivodship accounted for more applications than all other provinces combined," told the director of the Mazowiecki Regional Branch of ARiMR, Beata Kalinowska.
The European Commission under has granted Poland a quota for the market withdrawal of apples and pears of 77.5 thousand tonnes. This fruit is given to charity in exchange for EU compensations. The idea is to reduce the market supply and help fruit producers in selling their surpluses.
Compensation for the free delivery of apples to charities is 16.98 Euro per 100 kg, plus the cost involved in the packing and transport of the products. Withdrawn fruit must also meet the commercial quality standards.
This huge interest from the producers can be explained by the difficult situation on the market, as reported by the President of the Union of Polish Fruit Growers, Mirosław Maliszewski. He said that the purchase prices are quite low, standing at about 0.70 zloty per kilo (about 0.17 Euro).
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best"
- 2018-11-16 Canadian grocers & innovators want to save $31 billion in food from being dumped each year
- 2018-11-16 Opposition questions government relationship with Cavendish Farms
- 2018-11-16 ‘No workers, no fruit and veg’
- 2018-11-16 Brexit: May falters and the pound takes a hit
- 2018-11-16 Relationship between MPI and US facility now heading in the right direction
- 2018-11-16 European Union decides on binding CO2 reduction targets for trucks
- 2018-11-16 Committee gives green light for Constitutional amendment on land reform
- 2018-11-16 Agri SA blasts recommendation to amend Constitution
- 2018-11-15 US: Psyllid infestation found near Visalia
- 2018-11-15 British cabinet agrees on interim Brexit deal
- 2018-11-15 European Commission makes €191 million available to promote agri-food products
- 2018-11-15 Tehran denies claims of Iran-UAE trade problems
- 2018-11-14 Minister for Agriculture pays visit to new La Linea Verde facility in Serbia
- 2018-11-14 Mexico: "We have to diversify agricultural food trade with Asia"
- 2018-11-14 Brexit deal: Brits could remain in the customs union for longer
- 2018-11-14 USDA cites Frutera Del Litoral USA LLC in Florida for PACA violations
- 2018-11-14 Zimbabwe: Zim-China Wanjin Agriculture Company targets increased value addition
- 2018-11-13 EFSA expands simplified food safety management system
- 2018-11-13 Fedefruta visits the Chinese markets that receive Chilean fruit