Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
USDA cites J&R Fresh Produce LLC for PACA violationsJ&R Fresh Produce LLC, operating out of Tampa, Florida, has been cited by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for failure to pay for produce.
J&R Fresh Produce failed to pay $281,225 to seven sellers for 30 lots of produce purchased, received and accepted in interstate commerce from August 2015 through June 2016. This is in violation of the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA). As a result of these actions, J&R Fresh Produce LLC cannot operate in the produce industry until Jan. 10, 2020, at which time they may re-apply for a PACA license.
The USDA is required to publish the finding that a business has committed wilful, repeated and flagrant violations of PACA as well as impose restrictions against those principals determined to be responsibly connected to the business during the violation period. Those individuals, including sole proprietors, partners, members, managers, officers, directors or major stockholders may not be employed by or affiliated with any PACA licensee without USDA-approval.
As reported on ams.usda.gov, in the past three years the USDA resolved approximately 3,400 PACA claims involving more than $58 million. PACA staff also assisted more than 8,500 callers with issues valued at approximately $151 million. These are just two examples of how USDA continues to support the fruit and vegetable industry.
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: