- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Spain: "We want to work only with the biggest avocado producers"
- Speakers announced for UK Brassica and Leafy Salad Conference
- Significant shift to retailers partnering with major internet players for fresh deliveries
- Top fruit estimates adjusted: regular season expected
- India: Oranges and opium threaten Rajasthan Chief Minister
Top 5 -last month
- US supports Ghana’s WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement
- "Kiwis are going to be a growing crop in Valencia"
- New Zealand avocado industry on track to bounce back from last year's low volume season
- Concern on Santorini as Assyrtiko grape prices rise
- Croatia: Social Media and home delivery of Neretva tangerines
Top 5 -last week
- Canada: rain worries potato growers
- Singapore durian prices dropping and expected to dip further
- MSC, A.P. Moller – Maersk, CMA CGM, Hapag-Lloyd and Ocean Network to establish container shipping association
- Nutritionists point at amazing property of avocado
- Agri SA blasts recommendation to amend Constitution
Request for them to be withdrawn
Spain: French potatoes marketed as Spanish at well-known supermarket
They refer to batch 009020118154, of the Monalisa variety, which is sold in 5 kg meshes at a price of 3.85 Euro, resulting in a price per kilo of 77 cents.
Asaja has asked Carrefour to immediately withdraw the promotion and any type of advertising that may be misleading and therefore contrary to consumer protection laws.
"And as if this wasn't enough, the 77 cents per kilo charged are excessive compared to the 9 cents that are paid to producers in Leon; it is a 755.5% margin," denounces the union.
Given this situation, Asaja has addressed the regional government, asking it for inspections to be carried out in order to check this and other possible frauds, as well as to ensure the withdrawal of the product and the application of the strictest sanctions that may apply.
Asaja León has asked Carrefour not to resort to practices with the Spanish consumer that they wouldn't use with French consumers, although the organization also said that they could understand the purchase of French goods at times of shortages in the Spanish market.
"It just doesn't make sense when Castile-Leon has warehouses full of top quality potatoes at prices eight times lower than what their customers are being charged," criticised Asaja's representative.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-21 Solid, but fewer, shipments of Peruvian sweet onions
- 2018-11-21 Syrian government bans export of potatoes until January 2019
- 2018-11-21 Onions US - Q3 Overview for 2018
- 2018-11-21 Turkey: Potato growers in Ahlat, Bitlis delighted with the crop this season
- 2018-11-20 Multiple tractor trailers collide on Massachusetts Turnpike
- 2018-11-20 Italy: Good market for potatoes
- 2018-11-20 "Some Polish farmers delay selling their onions, hoping for an even higher price"
- 2018-11-19 Canada: P.E.I. anticipating pay-outs for poor potato harvest
- 2018-11-19 The hottest “toast” of the town
- 2018-11-19 Prices rising dramatically on strained onion market
- 2018-11-19 North Carolina sweet potato growers finish challenging harvest
- 2018-11-19 India: Bengal government bans import of seed potato
- 2018-11-19 New potato from Maine on New England supermarket shelves
- 2018-11-19 Upper East Ghana tomato farmers switch to onions
- 2018-11-19 Indian traders fear onion price hike
- 2018-11-16 Peru: Researchers developing potatoes resistant to disease and climate change
- 2018-11-16 North Carolina sweet potato grower promotes personnel
- 2018-11-16 US Onion Market and Crop Update for November 15, 2018
- 2018-11-16 Cyprus potato prices sky-rocketing due to shortages
- 2018-11-16 Potato variety Cold River Gold now available for consumers