- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Request for them to be withdrawn
Spain: French potatoes marketed as Spanish at well-known supermarket
They refer to batch 009020118154, of the Monalisa variety, which is sold in 5 kg meshes at a price of 3.85 Euro, resulting in a price per kilo of 77 cents.
Asaja has asked Carrefour to immediately withdraw the promotion and any type of advertising that may be misleading and therefore contrary to consumer protection laws.
"And as if this wasn't enough, the 77 cents per kilo charged are excessive compared to the 9 cents that are paid to producers in Leon; it is a 755.5% margin," denounces the union.
Given this situation, Asaja has addressed the regional government, asking it for inspections to be carried out in order to check this and other possible frauds, as well as to ensure the withdrawal of the product and the application of the strictest sanctions that may apply.
Asaja León has asked Carrefour not to resort to practices with the Spanish consumer that they wouldn't use with French consumers, although the organization also said that they could understand the purchase of French goods at times of shortages in the Spanish market.
"It just doesn't make sense when Castile-Leon has warehouses full of top quality potatoes at prices eight times lower than what their customers are being charged," criticised Asaja's representative.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 China: Gansu onions damaged by weather
- 10/19/2018 Vidalia onions look to the future with mechanical planting
- 10/19/2018 Louisiana bans sweet potatoes from NC, SC, and FL
- 10/19/2018 Higher shallot production for Indonesia
- 10/19/2018 Lewis Lydon receives 2018 Reg Miller Award
- 10/18/2018 Yield organic of potatoes has not collapsed as much as that of conventional ones
- 10/18/2018 India: Onions likely to cost Rs 45 a kg by Diwali on low crop
- 10/18/2018 Egypt - “We aim to export 5,000 tons of sweet potato next year”
- 10/18/2018 Most of North Carolina's sweet potato crop saved
- 10/18/2018 Onion Market and Crop Update for October 18, 2018
- 10/17/2018 Spain: Potato campaign coming to an end in Castile-Leon
- 10/17/2018 “More potato virus cases suspected”
- 10/17/2018 UK potato farmers feel effects of variable weather
- 10/17/2018 "Very few transactions on the fresh market"
- 10/17/2018 Belgium: Potato yield, size and EPS are the lowest in the last 4 harvests
- 10/16/2018 Test grubbing delivers lower yields than expected
- 10/15/2018 Potato, onion and carrot market in Lower Austria: Stable market situation
- 10/15/2018 “We’ve never been out of potatoes before”
- 10/15/2018 ''Hurricane leads to sweet potato harvest problems in the US''
- 10/15/2018 Scotland: Guide for potato pest