- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Procurement manager-buyer
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- California table grape industry moves record volumes
- "Going for China without good planning just because it pays well is very risky"
- Taiwan to expand trade with Turkey
- Ecuadorian Banana Industry opposes German retailer Aldi in open letter
- Historic ruling against the illegal sale of blueberry varieties
SanLucar presents its corporate responsibility report 2015-2017
In the years 2015 - 2017, SanLucar has invested more than two and a half million euros in social and environmental projects. They are implemented in the countries where the international enterprise has subsidiaries: Spain, Germany, Austria, Tunisia, South Africa and Ecuador.
Stephan Rötzer, owner and founder of the SanLucar Group, explains, “Our corporate philosophy of taste in harmony with man and nature guides all our actions. Two years ago, we integrated all our corporate responsibility actions in a unique program: d.r.e.a.m.s. With it, we help people to realize their dreams through personal and professional development and foster actions that contribute to preserve the environment".
The social component of the program is made up of three areas: Education, Nutrition and Sports. In its environmental approach, the program focuses on the protection of the Air, Water and Soil.
For example, SanLucar has founded the School of Sports d.r.e.a.m.s. in the Ecuadorian municipality of Puebloviejo, not far from one of the company´s farms, where a wide range of sports activities are offered for free to the children of the region.
In Valencia (Spain), the enterprise has set up the soup kitchen El Puchero. Since 2013 until last summer, 160,000 free meals have been served to help families at risk of social exclusion. SanLucar promotes healthy nutrition in the regions of its subsidiaries. For instance in Ettlingen (Germany), 1,100 pupils received fruit free of charge throughout the entire school year.
Regarding education, 2,389 employees worldwide have benefited from wide-ranging training and educational opportunities at the SanLucar Academy in the past two years.
As one of the company's own environmental projects, the establishment of a new irrigation system with probes in South Africa optimized the water consumption in cultivation. In recent years, criteria for sustainable architecture have influenced the design of the firm's offices in Austria and the new building for the company's headquarters in Puzol (Valencia), which was built in 2017. In Ecuador, SanLucar launched a reforestation program last year on the Puebloviejo river banks, which will prevent erosion and create a natural ecosystem.
SanLucar has been a member of the United Nations Global Compact since 2011. Since then, the company has received certifications such as SA8000 in Spain, testifying the commitment of the business group. And in countries like Tunisia, it has been the first to comply with the requirements of the GRASP evaluation certificate that recognizes good social practices within the agricultural sector.
“We always try to provide concrete and individual help," says SanLucar owner Stephan Rötzer, “usually it is the small things that help people to improve their situation in the long term and sustainably. The key to success is the great voluntary commitment of our employees and the collaboration of our partners, who are increasingly involved in the projects."
Visitors of the Fruit Logistica can learn in detail about SanLucar's corporate responsibility activities in the report that the company will present at its booth, located in Hall 6.2- Stand C08 of the Berlin fairgrounds. Furthermore, it will be soon available on the company's website www.sanlucar.com
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/23/2018 Paul van der Beek is Fresh Care Convenience's new Branch Director
- 10/23/2018 Maap goes to Madrid to meet the world
- 10/23/2018 Florette showcases its products at Fruit Attraction 2018
- 10/23/2018 "Only specialists and professionals will survive in the kaki business"
- 10/23/2018 Produce focused marketing and PR agency expands with new hires
- 10/23/2018 Decline in turnover and profits for Rijk Zwaan
- 10/23/2018 UNITEC's technology in the running for ACCELERA Awards
- 10/22/2018 Chiquita opens doors of banana ripening plant
- 10/22/2018 Dutch ambassador opens Algerian potato storage facility
- 10/22/2018 Chainn will be operational from November 1st
- 10/22/2018 Pace International launches new edible fruit coating
- 10/22/2018 AVEVA partners with TOMRA to lead 'digital transformation of fresh produce industry'
- 10/22/2018 HelloFresh acquires Canadian meal kit company Chefs Plate
- 10/19/2018 PMA CEO Burns’ State of the industry
- 10/19/2018 "There is no doubt that resistant varieties are the future"
- 10/19/2018 Mixed loads increasingly popular
- 10/19/2018 KÖLLA UK newly empowered
- 10/19/2018 Label manufacturer launches new brand and website
- 10/19/2018 Whole Leaf is ready to grow with a new President
- 10/19/2018 Schoeller Allibert appoints Ludo Gielen as new CEO