Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Iran wants to promote agri trade with PakistanLast Tuesday a delegation of entrepreneurs from the West Azerbaijan province of Iran, led by Behnam Tajodinni of the Urmia Chamber of Commerce & Industry, visited the Islamabad Chamber of Commerce & Industry. They were very interested in developing strong trade relations with Pakistan.
West Azerbaijan is the third largest province of Iran with one of the highest yields of agricultural products. The province annually produces 6 million tons of fruits and vegetables, 1.2 million tons of apples, 380,000 tons of grapes and 280,000 tons of apricots. There are 326 cold storage facilities for a total capacity of 1 million tons.
The province is also among the top honey producing regions and is a hub of Iranian import and export activities. Tajodinni claimed this province has great potential for cooperation with Pakistan. He stressed that businessmen from the agriculture industries of both countries should develop close ties, promoting bilateral trade of agro products between Iran and Pakistan.
Website nation.com.pk reported that Tajodinni spoke about the 32 Iranian trucks, loaded with agriculture products, that have been stuck up on Pakistani border in Balochistan for the last 10 days. Pakistan still has not given an explanation for that. Tajodinni claimed that such measures were discouraging any efforts to improve bilateral trade between the two countries.
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: