Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan refuses Afghan fruit imports at Torkham gatePakistan has been refusing to allow dozens of truckloads of fruits from Afghanistan to cross via Torkham border crossing, officials said on Tuesday.
A spokesman for the Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industry said around 60 trucks loaded with fresh fruits remained stranded on his side of the border in eastern Nangarhar province, over the past eight days. The issue has been conveyed to the Ministry of Commerce and Industries and the Presidential Palace.
Haji Imran Khan, a fresh fruit businessman, said the Pakistani government had always created hurdles for Afghan businessmen and traders. Website pajhwok.com cited Mohammad Bashir Dodyal, a Nangarhar University teacher, saying the Pakistani move to stop Afghanistan fresh fruits export was against the Asia Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA).
Meanwhile, Pakistan’s Embassy in Kabul said the ban was not limited to Afghanistan only, but that Pakistan had banned exports of 800 items.
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: