Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan refuses Afghan fruit imports at Torkham gatePakistan has been refusing to allow dozens of truckloads of fruits from Afghanistan to cross via Torkham border crossing, officials said on Tuesday.
A spokesman for the Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industry said around 60 trucks loaded with fresh fruits remained stranded on his side of the border in eastern Nangarhar province, over the past eight days. The issue has been conveyed to the Ministry of Commerce and Industries and the Presidential Palace.
Haji Imran Khan, a fresh fruit businessman, said the Pakistani government had always created hurdles for Afghan businessmen and traders. Website pajhwok.com cited Mohammad Bashir Dodyal, a Nangarhar University teacher, saying the Pakistani move to stop Afghanistan fresh fruits export was against the Asia Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA).
Meanwhile, Pakistan’s Embassy in Kabul said the ban was not limited to Afghanistan only, but that Pakistan had banned exports of 800 items.
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: