- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
- China: Tomato price in Xinfadi Market drops by more than 20%
- Spain: "Citrus volume from South Africa will start falling sharply soon"
- Contraband from Poland via Belarus stopped
- Banana farm inspections to ease SPS compliance worries
- Philippines trails its peers in all crops except for pineapple and banana
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- AU: Flavorite expansion leads to higher capsicum production
- The Colombian avocado is the main competitor of the Mexican product in US
- Multiple raspberry varieties steal show during National Fruit Show 2018
- “It’s our high-tech farming that allows our Vietnamese red chili to be competitive”
- "When there is Hass avocado in the market, it's difficult to sell Bacon and Fuerte"
"Germany: "ZDFzoom" - The true cost of the perfect apple"
"ZDFzoom" takes a look at the concept of so-called club varieties: A breeder brings a certain apple to the market and ensures the variety and the brand name are protected. This product is then promoted with million-dollar campaigns and sold at a high price.
Will this natural product become a designer product? "ZDFzoom" reporter Norman Laryea got this impression at "Fruit Attraction", the fruit and vegetable trade fair in Madrid. Impeccable apples are advertised and staged there, such as the red-fleshed apple with the brand name "Kissabel". Its insides are more reminiscent of a melon, but it actually tastes like an apple. The so-called club varieties now have a market share of 14 percent in Germany -and they are growing rapidly. And ever more new creations are arriving on the highly competitive apple market, like the snack apple "Rockit". Apples, barely as big as table-tennis balls, are packed in plastic tubes to be sold at gas stations and kiosks as snacks on the go.
How healthy are these new breeds? According to the experts, there are up to four million apple allergy sufferers in Germany. The symptoms mainly appear when eating varieties from the supermarkets. Others, so-called "old varieties", are often much better tolerated, according to medical studies. But in the supermarket you will hardly find these apples anymore.
"ZDFzoom" has tested new and old varieties in the laboratory. The result: the "old varieties" contain more polyphenols - ingredients that not only protect against allergies, but also strengthen the immune system and even help against chronic diseases such as rheumatism.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-13 Poland: Free apples handed out in Warsaw and Lublin
- 2018-11-12 First impressions on the Italian kiwi season
- 2018-11-09 India – Decline in apple imports 9 percent year-on-year - pear imports 4 percent
- 2018-11-09 Waking sleeping plants with plasmas
- 2018-11-07 Large Moldovan fruit producer launches brand for apple exports
- 2018-11-07 Ukraine: Shortage drives pear prices up one a half times
- 2018-11-07 AU: Queensland research leads to new strawberry varieties
- 2018-11-07 Egypt’s agricultural exports up to 4.4 million tons
- 2018-11-07 New Zealand: 2018-2019 apple acreage forecast to be up 3 percent at 9,700 hectares
- 2018-11-07 Premium apple varieties drive sales
- 2018-11-06 Good retail relationships and quality will carry South African grapes through the season
- 2018-11-06 Punjab Food Authority: Do not print pictures of fruit on packaging
- 2018-11-06 Chile: 4.2 percent decrease in apple exports 2018/19
- 2018-11-06 Canada: 14 percent increase in apple production for MY 2018/19
- 2018-11-05 Austrian fruit farmers fight against 'unfair' price ratios
- 2018-11-05 Will Poland lose its leading position in the export of apples and concentrates?
- 2018-11-05 Fruit prices dropping in Georgia
- 2018-11-05 Iran imports peaches worth more than $4 million
- 2018-11-02 Analysis of sudden price increase for Chinese fruit
- 2018-11-02 Cape heatwave: Desiccated apple blossoms and bollworm boom