Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
‘Fruit Cultivation’ specialization shows biggest increase
Germany: Gardener is the most popular apprenticeship in the agricultural sectorThe numbers of trainee gardeners hasn’t been as high since 2011. With an increase of 5.3 percent in new contracts compared to the previous year and the largest share of new contracts, ‘gardener’ remains the most popular profession in the agricultural sector.
With just under 5,300 newly concluded training contracts, in 2017 there will be an increase in contracts by 5.3 percent compared to the previous year. Thus, the numbers of trainee gardeners haven’t been as high since 2011. In the sector of fruit cultivation, the largest increase in trainee numbers was 10 percent. With a share of more than 38 percent in new contracts in the agricultural sector, the course to become a gardener continues to be the one in which most people enrol in the agricultural sector. This is apparent from the publication of the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB) on the newly concluded training contracts for the current training year 2017/2018 as of 30 September 2017.
"We are pleased about this positive development. Nevertheless, against the background of the persistent shortage of skilled workers, it is important to promote this sector even more to the younger generation. With our successful recruitment campaign "Gardner. Growing for the future", that is exactly where we're going," says Jürgen Mertz, President of the Zentralverband Gartenbau e. V.
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: