- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Landgard at the Fruit Logistica 2018
New concepts are already successfully commercialized
As a modern marketing producer co-operative with nearly 3,300 member enterprises, Landgard presents fresh ideas around fruit and vegetables to the trade, new sales and licensing concepts as well as a well-developed strategic orientation under the umbrella of sustainability. The basis for the numerous new and creative concepts, licenses and private labels are the quality products of the strong regional, national and international Landgard producers.
The Landgard stand is again an integral part of the appearance of the Federal Association of Producer Organizations Fruit and Vegetables (BVEO).
Homemade, Zanzibar, strawberries or Shaun the sheep
Attention-grabbing conceptual constructions show the variety of innovative concepts Landgard uses to pick up on and reinterpret trends and products for retailers.
More and more consumers want to cook healthy and delicious meals despite the daily stresses. However, the time it takes to search for the right recipe and selecting the ingredients in the supermarket then often leads people to settle for a ready-made pizza. With the new home-made concept, Landgard offers a range of cooking boxes with all the ingredients for sophisticated seasonal, regional and homemade recipes. The recipes are simple and described step by step, so that in a short time a fresh, healthy and self-cooked dish will be on the table.
As a new eye-catcher, Zanzibar invites the trade fair audience to linger - and, of course, also to sample the new Landgard Zanzibar cooking boxes. With new Zanzibar cooking boxes or nut mixes, Landgard now brings a holiday feeling to people’s own plates. Zanzibar dune grasses, indoor plants and rose boxes complete the Zanzibar feeling as a fitting decoration for home and garden.
The new "Herzbeeren" concept takes up the hype surrounding unicorns. Even adult women want to experience everything that leads into the sweet, pink, glittering fable world of the unicorns. Strawberries from Landgard are great healthy, unicorn snacks with a sweet and fresh taste and a cheerful red color. And by the way, they are also good for the waistline - thus appealing to young consumers twice.
As part of the new ‘Shaun the sheep’ license agreement, Landgard offers healthy fruit breaks on the go. With his funny adventures, Shaun, the curious, mischievous sheep, will bring a smile to the faces of old and young TV and movie lovers. Under the license of the successful TV series, Landgard offers delicious treats made of 100 percent fruit - in one variety combined with chocolate beans - as a healthy alternative to a handful of wine gums.
With Deutschland schmeckt, IssSo, Weber®, ‘Die Sendung mit der Maus’ und ISS BIO Grünzeug in Bestform Landgard also shows some concepts and licenses that have already been successfully marketed and that will be expanded and continued in 2018. These sustainable, product-oriented concepts form a focal point of the sustainability pillar "Green Products" from Landgard’s holistic sustainability strategy. For example, IssSo, one of the winners of the German Sustainability Award, addresses the issue of "reducing food waste".
Concept "IssSo" wins award at the German Sustainability Awards
Landgard's concept "IssSo" is one of the three most sustainable products in Germany for the year 2018. This was announced by the Stiftung Deutscher Nachhaltigkeitspreis eV at the award ceremony, early December 2017. The German Sustainability Award is Europe’s most prestigious award for sustainable and social commitment. Under the catchy name "IssSo" Landgard, for example, sells weather-beaten apples and pears from regional growers, sometimes with an organic label. Because despite some outer quirks, it’s the inner values that count: Their taste is still fresh and crisp.
Overall, Landgard aims to reduce food waste and informs consumers about this important issue on the packaging.
Expansion of the international producer base
Another focal point at Fruit Logistica is the expansion of direct procurement of goods from new national and international producers, within the scope of exclusive cooperation. The aim is to make German producer cooperative Landgard’s presence known in the international arena as well. A recent example of this is the collaboration with the California berry producer Driscolls, or producers from Colombia. In this context, María Elvira Pombo, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Colombia in the Federal Republic of Germany, will visit the Landgard stand at 3 pm on Thursday, 8 February 2018.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 02/28/2018 Landgard persuades its visitors with innovative marketing ideas for fruit and vegetables
- 02/27/2018 RED MOON®, an incredible run in Berlin
- 02/26/2018 New partnership established for Crimson Snow
- 02/23/2018 Panama conquers new markets with its fruits
- 02/22/2018 New snacks and fresh-cut products in Berlin
- 02/22/2018 PMA industry members establish new business opportunities
- 02/21/2018 Secretary of State Dr. Aeikens appreciates the commitment of the German fruit and vegetable industry
- 02/20/2018 Biodegradable packaging made from artichokes
- 02/20/2018 China: Sanya mangoes at the Fruit Logistica in Berlin
- 02/20/2018 Jordanian fruit and vegetable exporters visit Fruit Logistica
- 02/19/2018 Cargo monitoring company and sea freight forwarder announce trials in Berlin
- 02/16/2018 Photo reports Fruit Logistica 2018
- 02/16/2018 Silver medal for ADORA tomato
- 02/15/2018 Argentina: Blueberry producers defined strategies in Berlin
- 02/13/2018 Pook Coconut Chips were winners of FLIA 2018
- 02/07/2018 Futura targets healthy snacking with new line of dried apples
- 02/07/2018 Heliospectra's new software brings automated lighting for improved yields
- 02/07/2018 Ethiopia present for the first time at Fruit Logistica
- 02/06/2018 La Linea Verde keeps on growing in Europe
- 02/06/2018 Peruvian exports benefit from climate and geographic location