Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nyandarua County producers:
Kenyans to export fresh produce directlyLast weekend, the Nyandarua County government and the Export Promotion Council (EPC) signed an agreement that would see the council educate the county’s residents on export oriented products. Furthermore it would start assisting the potatoes and milk rich county to seek markets in the Republic of Congo and Angola, amongst others.
EPC Chairman Jas Bedi said independent counties were better placed to help Kenya zero in on the imbalance that existed between imports and exports. He regretted that the country’s exports had declined from 11 to 9 percent, and challenged counties officials to form industrial parks, concentrate on specific value chains and ease the cost of doing business while improving on infrastructure.
“We need to add value to our produce and reclaim the markets that we are slowly losing in Uganda and Tanzania. This will in turn create jobs and reduce the urbanization that has jammed up our cities,” Bedi said.
In an article by www.kbc.co.ke, Nyandarua is quoted as saying Kenyans would be enabled to add value to milk and potatoes, while ensuring that the products get to the vibrant markets in Africa and beyond.
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: