Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
City of Frederick, Maryland
U.S.: Affordable fruits and vegetables headed to MarylandFresh fruits and vegetables just became more accessible for families on the east side of Frederick with the opening of ‘Produce in a SNAP’, a pop-up market offering fresh food at affordable prices.
‘Produce in a SNAP’ operates 20 locations in Baltimore and uses the money from sales to purchase more produce in a self-sustaining loop. On Thursday, the program will expand to Frederick and begin selling produce at the Lucas Village community room.
As the name suggests, the program is aimed at getting fresh produce to those who qualify for the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, known as SNAP. But the produce will be available for purchase to anyone who visits the market.
Each bag of fresh produce costs $7 and includes a mix of vegetables and fruits.
The Frederick News-Post reports that those who shop at the market will be able to pay with cash, debit card, credit card or SNAP and supplemental nutrition for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) benefits.
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: