Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Allfresch eagerly awaits first shipment of premium organic ‘Mibio’ bananasAllfresch Group eagerly awaits the first shipment of Mibio. Expected to arrive mid-February, Mibio is the groups new protected brand for premium organics.
Mibio bananas are sourced from only the most reputable producer associations in The Dominican Republic.
After several years working with the supplier associations, Allfresch have developed good working relationships with key members of the supply chain and have come to understand the challenges both producers and exporters face every year on the Island.
“The tropical storms that sweep over the island every year create conditions that challenge even the most sophisticated producers. By acknowledging nature and its impact on the banana business the operations team can ensure a timely reaction to challenges and put in place contingencies to ensure supply continuity for our customers.” Filipe. Supply Chain Manager.
It is with this experience and knowledge that tighter controls have been implemented at the most critical stages of the supply chain to ensure the best quality produce.
“Working with our selected producers and strengthening controls at source we believe that we can maintain the premium reputation that the brand has been designed for.” Filipe. Supply Chain Manager.
Premium Brand Mibio
The Mibio brand will primarily focused around organics and organic Fairtrade bananas. This move further strengthens the groups commitment to sustainable sourcing, ensuring that the producers receive a fair price for their fruit and that the quality meets the markets demands.
Whilst other premium banana brands from The Dominican Republic are already being supplied to various importers, the hope is that Mibio will set a new standard for organics from this region.
Mibio Arriving Week 4
The first batch of Mibio organics will be available to customers in 18kg cluster bags or loose in 18kg cartons.
Mibio will primarily be available to customers in the UK and France, however there are future plans to enter markets across the rest of Europe soon after.
For more information:
Tel: +44 1952 460 608
Mob: +44 7525 278 091
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: