- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
New Zealand avocados in demand on Indian market
The Indian importer IG International specialises in the marketing of New Zealand Hass avocados. The company is also going to introduce new varieties with different packaging formats from Peru. Peruvian avocados are necessary to continue the momentum of the New Zealand season, which will soon be coming to an end.
Like the avocados from New Zealand, the Peruvian avocados belong to the Hass variety. The Peruvian Hass avocados differ from those from New Zealand with regards to different ripening stages and a cheaper price. The Peruvian season allows IG International to ensure a year round supply of avocados. As soon as the Peruvian season ends, the New Zealand season will commence.
"The main customers of IG International are supermarkets, restaurants and hotels. The category for avocados is increasing year by year. IG currently holds a market share of 42% in the market for avocados," says Shubha Wadhawan, CCO,IG International Pvt. Ltd.
"Most avocados are consumed in the western regions of India, followed by the North and South, though avocado consumption is on the rise in the South as well. Due to the price of avocados, most consumers belong to the upper middle class," she added.
"Not withstanding the strong demand for the Avanza New Zealand Avocado throughout Asia, we remain committed to our distribution partnership within India and the growth of the category. These are exciting times for the avocado within India. It is our desire is to build a strong brand positioned on quality and the versatility of this product to an increasingly health conscious consumer,” says Tony Ponder of Avanza, the New Zealand company that supplies the avocados to IG International.
Godrej Nature’s Basket has been India’s pioneering food destination from more than over 100 years. "We believe in creating lasting experiences and go an extra mile to serve our customers better. To make their journey an enjoyable one, we make sure to give them the best quality avocados, sourced from IG International. Avocado is the best selling category at our stores. We look forward to the Peruvian season to ensure the round year supply," says Avinash Tripathi, Buying and Merchandising Head, Godrej Nature’s Basket.
Visit IG International at Fruit Logistica: Hall 7.2a A-05
For more information:
IG International Pvt. Ltd.
Tel: +91 22 662 72 016
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 PMA CEO Burns’ State of the industry
- 10/19/2018 "There is no doubt that resistant varieties are the future"
- 10/19/2018 Mixed loads increasingly popular
- 10/19/2018 KÖLLA UK newly empowered
- 10/19/2018 Label manufacturer launches new brand and website
- 10/19/2018 Whole Leaf is ready to grow with a new President
- 10/19/2018 Schoeller Allibert appoints Ludo Gielen as new CEO
- 10/19/2018 China's biggest retailer is coming to America
- 10/18/2018 France: Auchan to run urban farms near hypermarkets
- 10/18/2018 VLAM displays wide range of products in Dubai
- 10/18/2018 “With these new washing lines we can serve our clients faster"
- 10/18/2018 Spanish growers join forces to market Adora tomatoes
- 10/18/2018 Exquisite Fruits plans to import organic bananas from Ecuador and the Dominican Republic
- 10/18/2018 Amazon celebrates 20th anniversary
- 10/18/2018 “Twenty-two per cent of our fresh produce turnover is from organic produce”
- 10/18/2018 The Star Group not getting lost in the weed(s)
- 10/18/2018 Westfalia Fruit welcomes visitors to Orlando and Madrid stands
- 10/18/2018 South Africa: New partnership to bring agri growth
- 10/18/2018 Big O Farms embraces future with new onion factory
- 10/17/2018 New CEO for Michigan blueberry grower