- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Port of Dover: Sanderson Group IT solutions chosen for new Refrigerated Cargo Terminal
- Oregon pear volume up by 8 percent
- "The fair's schedule will allow us to work and develop our winter programs"
- South Africa: Woolworths to trial plastic bag free store
- Verbrugge Terminals wants to branch out into onions and potatoes
Tong appoints new approved dealer for Scotland
As part of the company’s continued focus on providing the highest levels of customer service, sales and after-sales support, Tong Engineering has confirmed its partnership with ScanStone in order to strengthen its relationship with potato and vegetable growers throughout Scotland.
Photo from left to right: Nick Woodcock and Edward Tong: Tong, William Skea and Alison Skea: Scanstone
Located just outside Forfar, Angus, ScanStone is a family-owned and operated business, designing and manufacturing a wide range of soil preparation equipment, built for UK and export markets. “ScanStone has an established reputation within the industry for quality, reliability and excellent service,” says Edward Tong, Managing Director at Tong Engineering.
“Our customer base is very similar to ScanStone’s, both in the UK and overseas, and there are certainly some exciting opportunities for our two businesses to work together in Scotland; developing a complete offering from soil preparation through to crop handling and processing, whilst maximising our product and operational synergies.”
“We have a very active existing customer-base in Scotland and we work closely with growers and fresh pack companies of all sizes from North to South,” explains Edward. “In appointing ScanStone as a Tong approved dealer, we are confident this can continue to grow. Their ongoing communication with our customers in Scotland will allow us to be even more responsive to any sales, service and spare parts requirements our customers have.”
Of the new appointment, William Skea, UK Sales and Service Director at ScanStone said “We are very pleased to be chosen as Tong’s new approved dealer for Scotland. We have always respected Tong equipment for its renowned quality and progressive design. Adding Tong’s post-harvest product range alongside the ScanStone range of in-field equipment will bring customers a complete solution, and we very much look forward to working together to make Tong and ScanStone potato systems the number one choice throughout the country.”
“Our dedicated sales and service teams are experienced in understanding growers’ requirements, and as the main Tong parts stockist for Scotland too, we aim to bring a very valuable service to Tong customers,” says William.
The new Tong dealership at ScanStone will cover sales, service and spares for Tong’s complete range of potato and vegetable handling equipment including advanced grading, cleaning, washing, polishing and box handling systems for seed and main crop potatoes and vegetables.
“Scotland remains a very high priority region within our company’s growth strategy, and this latest addition to our approved dealer network represents our focus on ensuring the very best customer experience,” adds Edward. “We look forward to building upon our existing customer relations in Scotland and developing new connections through this new partnership.”
For more information:
Tel: +44 1790 752771
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 FruitMasters wins award at Disney Licensing Showcase
- 10/16/2018 “Belgian greenhouse vegetables are gradually getting more competition from the South”
- 10/16/2018 J&J Family of Farms hires David Duggan
- 10/16/2018 Two new hires for automated transplanting system
- 10/16/2018 Steven Ware joins Naturipe’s value-added fresh division
- 10/16/2018 Dan Martin appointed President IFCO North America
- 10/16/2018 Church Brothers Farms builds new facility in northern Mexico
- 10/16/2018 Family-run Shropshire firm has been named as best in its field in UK
- 10/15/2018 Kiwi Atlántico celebrates 30th anniversary
- 10/15/2018 Together, Ramona Saa Lobelle and Gert-Jan Slobbe have been at Fortuna Frutos for 60 years
- 10/15/2018 Spain: "The popularity of Satsuma mandarins is growing again"
- 10/15/2018 Michael Walsh joins Seald Sweet
- 10/12/2018 Ethylene company to showcase its ripening products at Fresh Summit
- 10/12/2018 "We do not only want to be a part of the supply chain - we want to be every part."
- 10/12/2018 Spain: Trops' avocado processing plant starts operating
- 10/12/2018 "The fair's schedule will allow us to work and develop our winter programs"
- 10/12/2018 Shengxianchuanqi Complete 300 Million B Round Financing
- 10/12/2018 Flavorful Brands forms partnership with Bejo Seeds
- 10/12/2018 Major brand facelift for Ambrosia apples to be revealed
- 10/12/2018 Terra Exports opens South African Office