- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Unitec demonstrates its blueberry quality selection technology
- Record-sized crop forecast for Oregon hazelnuts
- Taiwan's government hopes that garlic farmers will reduce production by 10%
- Turkey: Grape growers disappointed with the quality of the products
- Potato virus: New Zealand government and industry on the case
Top 5 -last week
Global fruit trader appoints new CEO
Moralejo is a trained agronomist, having studied at the Universidad Nacional de Buenos Aires in Argentina, before going on to study business management at the prestigious Argentine universities of San Andrés and Austral. For 18 years he worked for Argentine citrus giant San Miguel where he held a number of senior positions, including those of Commercial Manager and also Country Manager for San Miguel Uruguay. Prior to leaving the company, Moralejo was the Corporate Commercial Director for Fresh Fruit for seven years and, lastly, the Global Director of Strategic Sourcing.
Salix founder, Juan Gonzalez Pita, comments: “The appointment of Alejandro forms part of a decision taken to restructure and reinforce our management team which began in 2017 with the nomination of Daniel Calvo as our Finance Director and Partner.
“Alejandro’s natural warmth, managerial abilities and vast industry experience are traits that we see as being key to representing the core values of Salix," notes Gonzalez Pita.
Global expansion plans
Salix has also unveiled a plan to expand into new global markets. The objective is to consolidate the rapid growth the company has experienced in recent years, as well as to strengthen its strategy of supplying the highest quality fresh produce via an appropriate process of market development.
Salix reported solid commercial growth in 2017, with an increase in sales (in excess of 1m cartons), suppliers, clients and products against 2016, coupled with the addition of new fruit sources and end markets. Overall growth was in the region of 40%.
CEO Moralejo comments: “To date, Salix has established a very solid presence for itself in the Middle East and Asia, as well as in Canada. This year the company has ambitious objectives. First of all, we wish to launch sales to the European market so that it becomes our third commercial destination.
“We then aim to develop our Spanish sourcing programme with a view to delivering our customers year-round supplies of fresh fruit. We also wish to incorporate into our programme larger volumes of citrus in particular, so that it becomes our second flagship product.
“We shall also be introducing new operative disciplines, with revised procedures and operating cost analysis in order to add true value to the service that we provide to our suppliers and clients."
Salix at Fruit Logistica 2018
As in previous years, Salix will participate with its own stand at Fruit Logistica, the world’s leading fresh produce trade exhibition. The company will exhibit in Hall 25 on Stand B-07 at the annual event in Berlin on 7-9 February 2018, which it views as a fantastic opportunity to meet with clients from all over the world.
Gonzalez Pita explains: “Salix has always invested hugely in new technologies and information networks in order to maintain constant and efficient lines of communication with all of our contacts. We also value the opportunities that events like these bring for face-to-face networking. We feel it is a worthy year-on-year investment for Salix to have a presence at this show.”
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Kiwi Atlántico celebrates 30th anniversary
- 10/15/2018 Together, Ramona Saa Lobelle and Gert-Jan Slobbe have been at Fortuna Frutos for 60 years
- 10/15/2018 Spain: "The popularity of Satsuma mandarins is growing again"
- 10/15/2018 Michael Walsh joins Seald Sweet
- 10/12/2018 Ethylene company to showcase its ripening products at Fresh Summit
- 10/12/2018 "We do not only want to be a part of the supply chain - we want to be every part."
- 10/12/2018 Spain: Trops' avocado processing plant starts operating
- 10/12/2018 "The fair's schedule will allow us to work and develop our winter programs"
- 10/12/2018 Shengxianchuanqi Complete 300 Million B Round Financing
- 10/12/2018 Flavorful Brands forms partnership with Bejo Seeds
- 10/12/2018 Major brand facelift for Ambrosia apples to be revealed
- 10/12/2018 Terra Exports opens South African Office
- 10/12/2018 "We will supply our American customers with the best Spanish lemons"
- 10/12/2018 Growth for Innovar: "We have gone further"
- 10/12/2018 30th anniversary of South Australia Produce Market
- 10/12/2018 Carrefour joins forces with Too Good to Go
- 10/12/2018 Mahindra Agri Solutions forms joint venture with Sumitomo Corporation
- 10/11/2018 Nonprofit certification and skill-building organization elects new chair and vice-chair
- 10/11/2018 PLS Plantations acquires Dulai Fruits
- 10/11/2018 Russian discounter wants to conquer Germany