- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Produce packaging company and labeling system manufacturer enter partnership
- Russian FSB destroys sanctioned apples
- South Africa’s agriculture suffers from uncertainty over land seizure plans
- Turkey: Growers in Manisa satisfied with potato prices
- "Weeks with more than 180 containers of limes were too much for the European market"
Top 5 -last week
Vietnam’s 2017 export estimates coming true
The export figure helped bring total trade in 2017 to $410 billion; a four-fold increase over the last decade. Export figures have increased the country from 50th position globally in 2007 to 26th in 2016, Deputy PM Hue emphasized, with its rankings in the WTO’s trade profile improving significantly.
Despite the agriculture sector having to continually grapple with various difficulties and challenges, particularly complex trade barriers and cutthroat global competition, Vietnam’s agriculture exports grew strongly in 2017. Turnover stood at $33.1 billion as at late November, an increase of 13.8 per cent year-on-year. Fruit and vegetable exports saw the highest growth in the sector, of $3.16 billion, up 43.2 per cent year-on-year.
According to an english.vietnamnet.vn article, China, Japan, the US, and South Korea are the four leading importers of Vietnamese fruit and vegetables. Fresh dragon fruit was officially allowed to enter Japan in early 2017 and Australia in August, while the US approved Vietnamese star apples being imported into the country. The US, is very welcoming to high-quality products from Vietnam, as Vietnam has diverse crop cycles, which provides stable supplies throughout the year.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 China: Online trade of fresh produce increased by 23.5% in first half of 2018
- 10/19/2018 Illegal imports of fruit and vegetables affecting Balochistan farmers
- 10/19/2018 UK reliance on Spanish horticulture is a fact
- 10/19/2018 India: Rising freight rates & traffic stops trouble Kashmir’s apple exports
- 10/19/2018 Sodexo embraces wonky fruit and vegetables
- 10/19/2018 Kenya to export over 40 percent of avocados & other fresh produce to China
- 10/18/2018 Peach and nectarine campaign completed
- 10/18/2018 Egyptian company Wadi El Nile aims to increase its exports to $12 mln next year
- 10/18/2018 Prices on Bonaire and Saba rising more than on St Eustatius
- 10/17/2018 Did Fresno Unified School district overpay by hundreds of thousands of dollars?
- 10/17/2018 The challenges of the Agri-food sector
- 10/17/2018 Moving location of fruit and vegetables in shops can lead to 15% sales increase
- 10/17/2018 Costa Rica works hard to expand export trade with China
- 10/17/2018 'Hungarian vegetable harvest steady around 1.9 mln tons'
- 10/16/2018 Romania imports 10 times more fruit and vegetables than it exported
- 10/16/2018 Taiwan to expand trade with Turkey
- 10/16/2018 Argentina has potential to export more fruit, but it must improve quality
- 10/16/2018 Minister Mwanamveka unhappy that Malawi is importing bananas
- 10/16/2018 Food products from Philippines aim for export to Russia
- 10/16/2018 Indonesian Minister of Agriculture Amran opens export market of mangosteen to Taiwan