Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile: Blueberries will have a unique tool for export
According to SeaLand, a shipping company dedicated exclusively to maritime transport in the Intra-Americas market, starting this year exporters can use a new and unique tool that is particularly useful for blueberry exports. The tool, the Remote Control Management RCM, is integrated in the refrigerated container and allows monitoring of the cargo from its origin to the final destination, delivering information about the container's atmospheric conditions, the status of the energy supply, and its geolocation online and in real time.
"We are taking an important step in providing a new level of visibility in the supply chain by giving our customers innovative and technologically superior tools that allow exporters to maintain the quality of their products, and to avoid unexpected situations for their customers," stated Ignacio Urzua, the Commercial Manager of SeaLand.
RCM automatically notifies the owner of the cargo contract if there is a possible malfunction or mismatch in the containers' gas or temperature levels, which gives them the opportunity to correct them, take preventive actions, or notify the receivers of the fruit about its state.
According to estimates of the Chilean Blueberry Committee, the US will demand a greater volume of this fruit this season, as it concentrates 80% of the total export volume.
These kinds of tools will serve to increase the product's conservation period, among other things. Blueberries must be transported in refrigerated containers with controlled atmosphere technology, which allows reducing the oxygen quantities they are exposed to and lower their respiratory rate, thus, delaying their maturation by up to 40 days.
Publication date: 1/23/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: