Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Egypt: Agricultural exports in 2017 increased to $ 2.2 billionAccording to a report by the Agricultural Export Council, Egypt’s agricultural exports increased by 3 percent in 2017 to a record sum of $ 2.2 billion, compared to $ 2.1 billion in 2016.
The Chairman of the Agricultural Export Council, Abdel Hamid al-Dermdash, said that citrus, potato, onion, garlic, and fruits’ exports took in $ 523.23 million, $270.38 million, $ 215.54 million and $ 335.03 million respectively, during the first 11 months of 2017.
According to an egypttoday.com article, 10 countries took in 65 percent of the sector’s exports, Russia coming first with $ 290.52 million, followed by Saudi Arabia with $ 286.68 million and Holland with $ 143.41 million.
Publication date: 1/23/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: