Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kyrgyzstan: MPs accuse government of inactivityAccording to Kyrgyzstan’s Ministry of Agriculture, Food Industry and Reclamation, 11 new processing enterprises opened in the nation in 2017, but last Friday several Members of Parliament claimed this is not enough. They said the government should do much more to develop agriculture.
Local farmers have asked MPs to help them open mini-processing enterprises. The Agriculture Ministry is working with its own programs while local authorities have theirs. These programs are not coordinated, the MPs concluded. In addition, the lending terms are not beneficial for farmers.
Without the right processing facilities, Kyrgyzstan farmers have had to export fresh fruits and vegetables to neighbouring countries at low prices, after which Kyrgyzstan imported -much more expensive- canned products.
Leader of the Social Democratic Party of Kyrgyzstan (SDPK) parliamentary faction Isa Omurkulov told timesca.com he believes there is no hope for the officials who have been found lacking.
Publication date: 1/23/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: