Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kyrgyzstan: MPs accuse government of inactivityAccording to Kyrgyzstan’s Ministry of Agriculture, Food Industry and Reclamation, 11 new processing enterprises opened in the nation in 2017, but last Friday several Members of Parliament claimed this is not enough. They said the government should do much more to develop agriculture.
Local farmers have asked MPs to help them open mini-processing enterprises. The Agriculture Ministry is working with its own programs while local authorities have theirs. These programs are not coordinated, the MPs concluded. In addition, the lending terms are not beneficial for farmers.
Without the right processing facilities, Kyrgyzstan farmers have had to export fresh fruits and vegetables to neighbouring countries at low prices, after which Kyrgyzstan imported -much more expensive- canned products.
Leader of the Social Democratic Party of Kyrgyzstan (SDPK) parliamentary faction Isa Omurkulov told timesca.com he believes there is no hope for the officials who have been found lacking.
Publication date: 1/23/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: