Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kyrgyzstan: MPs accuse government of inactivityAccording to Kyrgyzstanís Ministry of Agriculture, Food Industry and Reclamation, 11 new processing enterprises opened in the nation in 2017, but last Friday several Members of Parliament claimed this is not enough. They said the government should do much more to develop agriculture.
Local farmers have asked MPs to help them open mini-processing enterprises. The Agriculture Ministry is working with its own programs while local authorities have theirs. These programs are not coordinated, the MPs concluded. In addition, the lending terms are not beneficial for farmers.
Without the right processing facilities, Kyrgyzstan farmers have had to export fresh fruits and vegetables to neighbouring countries at low prices, after which Kyrgyzstan imported -much more expensive- canned products.
Leader of the Social Democratic Party of Kyrgyzstan (SDPK) parliamentary faction Isa Omurkulov told timesca.com he believes there is no hope for the officials who have been found lacking.
Publication date: 1/23/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: