- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- Asian vegetable trial to determine market & production viability in Texas
- Syria: Souq al-Hal market starts to thrive again
- Test grubbing delivers lower yields than expected
- 12 supermarkets and hypermarkets operated by the Quattrucci family join the Casino Group
- Spain: Freshuelva asks for Ministry's help to open new markets for its berries
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Platform to speed up and organise real time purchase and sale of fruit and veg
Hala Sofi, Co-Founder and Product Manager of Fruit Platform, explains that "for example, buyers receive a lot of offers and schedules in different formats every day, and the objective of our platform has always been to help them organise all this information, allowing them to search for the product they want with a smart search engine and place orders with a single click."
Regarding the process that the suppliers follow, Hala tells us that "they upload their products to our platform, with their availability, photographs, etc. In this way, they make it is visible to all the buyers with whom they already work, so that they do not have to send the same information to a large number of clients. To use our tool, the supplier only has to register on the platform for free and be validated by our team."
"Once our users discover how much the time they save and how easy everything becomes with our platform, they recommend us to all their contacts," she says.
Watch the video of how FruitPlatform works:
Fruit Platform stands out by being software for suppliers and buyers that already work together, helping them standardise their transactions and eliminate the repetitive tasks of the buying and selling processes.
Nowadays, many platforms are emerging to help put buyers and sellers in contact, but according to Hala Sofi, "it is even more important to be able to build a quality and trustworthy work environment. What makes Fruit Platform unique compared to its competitors is its focus on helping buyers and sellers manage the supply and demand more efficiently with their current business partners, which they already trust."
She also wanted to stress that more than 90% of the traders who already work with Fruit Platform have expressed their strong desire not to change suppliers, unless they are in a hurry or there is a lack of availability, but even though the platform's main objective is not for its users to make new contacts, they also offer this possibility as one of the advantages of the Premium subscription.
Hala explains that Fruit Platform "does not earn money or receive any commission from the orders that users make through the platform; in fact, transactions are not made in it. We are a tool that facilitates your day to day, so we only get the money of those subscribers who choose to pay for a Premium membership. This improved access allows users to take advantage of all the features offered by this platform, such as the possibility for suppliers of uploading more than 4 products at once or sending BIDS to buyers."
The solution was created about a year ago, but its beta launch did not take place until a month ago, at which time they started conducting tests with real customers to continue improving their services. For now, it has been well received by the sector. "At first, we considered launching for the United States, Asia and Latin America, but we realised that it was also very necessary in Europe, even though the work procedures here were different. We have adapted it so that European users also see their needs met and we see that the model can work in all corners of the world," says Hala Sofi.
FruitPlatform is exclusively offering Freshplaza readers a Premium membership so they can take full advantage of all the features. Get your Premium account by registering on the website: fruitplatform.com
For more information:
T: +34 684382373
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 New CEO for Michigan blueberry grower
- 10/17/2018 California grower names Danny Fleming as sales manager
- 10/17/2018 Dole Food Company launches new logo
- 10/17/2018 Jubilee-edition of Agri Ladies Dublin: a lot of content and a dash of fun
- 10/17/2018 "New distribution centre means more control over organic bananas cold chain”
- 10/17/2018 “Greek kiwi fruit season getting into its stride”
- 10/17/2018 Orsero Group grows in first half of 2018
- 10/17/2018 Due Erre focuses on exports thanks to its efficient management
- 10/17/2018 Rewe: Nationwide introduction of reusable carrying nets on hand
- 10/17/2018 FreshPlaza presented to the King and Queen
- 10/17/2018 Josh Cabana joins Sunripe's sales team
- 10/16/2018 FruitMasters wins award at Disney Licensing Showcase
- 10/16/2018 “Belgian greenhouse vegetables are gradually getting more competition from the South”
- 10/16/2018 J&J Family of Farms hires David Duggan
- 10/16/2018 Two new hires for automated transplanting system
- 10/16/2018 Steven Ware joins Naturipe’s value-added fresh division
- 10/16/2018 Dan Martin appointed President IFCO North America
- 10/16/2018 Church Brothers Farms builds new facility in northern Mexico
- 10/16/2018 Family-run Shropshire firm has been named as best in its field in UK
- 10/15/2018 Kiwi Atlántico celebrates 30th anniversary