Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Rene Tiggelman, Handelsmaatschappij Van Langevelde:
"Demand for onions from Brazil welcome but sales of smaller sizes a problem"
Brazil seems to be carefully coming onto the market for Dutch onions. "We haven't sent many onions there, but I'm hearing from packagers around me that it is slowly starting up, although it is mainly red onions for now," says René Tiggelman of Handelsmaatschappij van Langevelde from Kruiningen
The sector could use the demand from Brazil. "You see the volume to Africa drop out. Not just because of the markets closing, but due to the local product in countries like Mali and Mauritius becoming available. The farmers demand more and the bale price is under pressure. As far as this is concerned there is some imbalance in the market," says René.
"We see the demand from Spain increase, but this is mainly for the larger sizes. If the demand from Brazil also continues, the sizes 60-80 will be fine, but the smaller sizes are hard to sell. All in all it doesn't look good for the small sizes," continues René. He finds it hard to predict the rest of the season. It used to be more with Africa in the first half of the season and Russia in the second.
For more information:
Van Langevelde Handelsmaatschappij
4416 PJ Kruiningen
Tel: 0031 (0) 113-382600
Publication date: 1/22/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: