Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK's VegPower campaign highlights the need for vegetable advertising
The #VegPower campaign launched last week with its competition-winning advertisement unveiled in over 5000 locations nationwide; from the tills at Co-op stores to graffiti on the streets of Cardiff, and in thousands of school canteens across the UK.
This collaborative campaign shines a spotlight on the lack of advertising spend for veg and calls for a different approach: A Veg Ad Fund to harness the joint power of all those that benefit from veg consumption - farmers, retailers, restaurants and government.
Photo: Veg Power displayed as graffiti in Cardiff
Celebrity chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall has praised the co-ordinated campaign.
“Unlike all the junk food and confectionery we are relentlessly sold every day, our delicious vegetables are not 'owned' by massive global brands – so they don’t get the marketing and advertising clout they deserve," he said. "Having a pooled marketing budget from retailers, producers and government is a brilliant idea – it means we can get top agencies behind the marketing of veg, which will drive up demand and boost consumption.”
Photo: a sky-high projection in Edinburgh
Media coverage so far has included the Daily Mail, The Local Guardian and Sky News however the aim is to spread the word even further. To support the campaign, please share the story and your veg hero picture on social media using #VegPower and #PeasPlease.
For more information visit the landing page: www.vegpower.org.uk.
Publication date: 1/22/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: