Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dried Plum Board announces new partnership
Beginning last Friday, the California Dried Plum Board announced a new partnership with Chef’d that will make it simple for people to enjoy cooking at home with California prunes.
A meal kit delivery service that delivers pre-portioned, ready-to-cook meals, Chef’d say they are the easiest way to cook like a pro at home. California prunes is the first Chef’d partner to have enlisted a registered dietitian – who is also a chef – to create their meal kit recipes, perfect for kicking off the New Year in a healthy and delicious way.
“Our partnership with Chef’d provides us with a new way of inspiring consumers to cook with the legendary flavor and quality of California prunes,” said Donn Zea, Executive Director of the California Dried Plum Board. “Not only will the partnership bring California prunes directly into the hands of home cooks, but it will also encourage conversation and education about the benefits of California prunes and how they are not only important for bone health and digestive health, but are also a flavorful and versatile ingredient.”
Registered dietitian, best-selling author and chef, Michelle Dudash, created the recipes for three California prunes meal kits launching on Chef’d today. The meal kits are:
- California Prune-Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Sugar Snap Peas – A satisfying dish for the meat and potato devotee looking to add some greens, fruit and flavor to their routine.
- Chicken Curry with California Prunes – California prunes make this dish pop by adding a natural sweetness with no added sugar to this creamy and comforting recipe.
- Pan-Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas with California Prunes and Almonds – A vegetarian dish full of taste and textures to wake up your taste buds.
In addition to the new meal kits, thousands of Chef’d customers will experience the taste of California prunes via a "surprise-and-delight" sampling program. As part of the sampling initiative, Chef’d consumers will receive snack packs of California prunes with any Chef’d a la carte meal kit order during early 2018. Later in the year, California prunes will launch three additional registered dietitian-created meal kits featuring lighter fare which they say is perfect for the spring and summer.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (916) 492-5333
Publication date: 1/22/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: