- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Germany: 5,400 hectares more of organic plantation in Brandenburg
Acccording to Jorg Vogelsänger: "As of 2018, for a total of around 5,200 hectares of arable land and 2,680 hectares of permanent grassland there are subsidy applications for organic farming."
By comparison: In 2017, in addition to the regular payments received by all agricultural enterprises, 25.5 million euros were paid out to 644 organic companies in Brandenburg for subsidy year 2016. The subsidized area was 120,000 hectares, for the cultivation of which organic farmers had to commit themselves to the specifications of organic farming for at least five years. Payments for 2017 are being prepared and will start in the first quarter.
In addition to the state program for the promotion of organic farming, organic farmers also focus on the promotion of grassland extensification or the heath program. Incidentally, there are some, mostly smaller organic companies with vegetable cultivation, that do not apply for any aid at all.
The subsidy amounts calculated for Brandenburg are measured by the actual income differences that result from the conversion to organic cultivation methods. The premium calculation also takes into account the additional expenses for the controls, so that a separate payment of a control cost subsidy in Brandenburg is not required.
For Brandenburg, the calculation methodology yields annual eco-bonuses of 209 euros per hectare for arable land, 210 euros per hectare for grassland, 415 euros per hectare for vegetables, 750 euros per hectare for pome and stone fruits and 665 euros per hectare for berry and bush fruit. Premiums from other federal states may be slightly higher, as there the minimal earnings are higher.
Source: mlul Brandenburg
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Candid conversation with National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) members
- 10/16/2018 Cooparation between Lidl and Organic Association, Bioland
- 10/16/2018 LEMA: "We're like your dream organic fruit shopping mall"
- 10/12/2018 Availability of organic products on the rise in Bulgaria
- 10/11/2018 Organic Grower Summit announces second education session
- 10/11/2018 How organic agriculture in Cuba saved its population from hunger
- 10/10/2018 Fresh produce supplier announces organic asparagus program
- 10/09/2018 Vietnam: US$130 million invested in organic fruit farming zone
- 10/09/2018 Ukraine keeps expanding organic acreage
- 10/09/2018 Organic sector calls for much clearer contingency measures
- 10/08/2018 Trademark protection for EU organic logo expires
- 10/08/2018 Organic sector calls for clearer contingency measures as Brexit looms
- 10/01/2018 South Africa: Woolworths called out for ‘organics’ claim
- 09/27/2018 NOW Organic launches fresh organic juices
- 09/27/2018 Organic greens, E-commerce, Big Data and the Internet of Things
- 09/27/2018 South Africa: Woolworths removes organic baby spinach from shelves
- 09/26/2018 Upper Austria: 20 percent of growers farms are 'organic'
- 09/26/2018 Year-round organic avocado program launched
- 09/25/2018 Cambodia: Khmer Organic & Heifer to build up organic agriculture
- 09/21/2018 Organic edible flowers in pots: maximized freshness at one's fingertips