- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Spain: Garlic acreage down by 10% in Cordoba
- AVEVA partners with TOMRA to lead 'digital transformation of fresh produce industry'
- Maersk container industry secures historically large reefer order from Hapag-Lloyd
- What will save the Sicilian table tomato?
- Westfalia Fruit welcomes visitors to Orlando and Madrid stands
Top 5 -last week
Germany: 5,400 hectares more of organic plantation in Brandenburg
Acccording to Jorg Vogelsänger: "As of 2018, for a total of around 5,200 hectares of arable land and 2,680 hectares of permanent grassland there are subsidy applications for organic farming."
By comparison: In 2017, in addition to the regular payments received by all agricultural enterprises, 25.5 million euros were paid out to 644 organic companies in Brandenburg for subsidy year 2016. The subsidized area was 120,000 hectares, for the cultivation of which organic farmers had to commit themselves to the specifications of organic farming for at least five years. Payments for 2017 are being prepared and will start in the first quarter.
In addition to the state program for the promotion of organic farming, organic farmers also focus on the promotion of grassland extensification or the heath program. Incidentally, there are some, mostly smaller organic companies with vegetable cultivation, that do not apply for any aid at all.
The subsidy amounts calculated for Brandenburg are measured by the actual income differences that result from the conversion to organic cultivation methods. The premium calculation also takes into account the additional expenses for the controls, so that a separate payment of a control cost subsidy in Brandenburg is not required.
For Brandenburg, the calculation methodology yields annual eco-bonuses of 209 euros per hectare for arable land, 210 euros per hectare for grassland, 415 euros per hectare for vegetables, 750 euros per hectare for pome and stone fruits and 665 euros per hectare for berry and bush fruit. Premiums from other federal states may be slightly higher, as there the minimal earnings are higher.
Source: mlul Brandenburg
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-12 Switzerland: Sales of organic products are growing strongly
- 2018-11-12 Organic products still on growth track worldwide
- 2018-11-09 "Organic vegetables are an attractive investment"
- 2018-11-08 Switzerland: Organic supermarkets are on the rise
- 2018-11-07 France: Financial support for organic farming is lagging behind
- 2018-11-06 Rising demand for organic asparagus in the global asparagus market
- 2018-11-05 "Organic foods are not safer, and probably not more nutritious either"
- 2018-11-01 Peru: Organic banana production drops in Piura due to the cold
- 2018-11-01 “In ten years the whole of Europe will be eating organic”
- 2018-10-31 Actual cost of organic cauliflower much lower than for conventional produce
- 2018-10-31 Organic products from Lower Saxony on the rise
- 2018-10-31 Organic Grower Summit educational session - "Technology is not Just for Big Ag"
- 2018-10-29 Organic horticultural sector facing the challenge of a growing demand
- 2018-10-29 Chile has already exported more organic products to the EU than last year
- 2018-10-29 REWE Bio with higher quality standards than EU Organic Regulation
- 2018-10-26 "Spanish organic sector is in crisis"
- 2018-10-22 Successfully cautioned: online organic products without certification
- 2018-10-17 Candid conversation with National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) members
- 2018-10-16 Cooparation between Lidl and Organic Association, Bioland
- 2018-10-16 LEMA: "We're like your dream organic fruit shopping mall"