Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Former air stewardess is now exporting durians
Malaysia's 'Musang Queen'Former air stewardess Anna Teo nowadays is one of Malaysia's largest exporters of durians. Among her products is -of course- the popular Musang King variety with its deep yellow flesh.
Apart from fresh durians, her company also exports durian puree and cakes to meet the growing demand for the king of fruits in China and elsewhere.
The Straits Times did an article on the "Musang Queen", in which she said she stumbled upon the opportunity to start her trading company (Hernan Corporation) in 1996 after she went shopping in Chinatowns in several countries but failed to find any Malaysian products. She started shipping Malaysian products to overseas stores and set up the company while she was still working as a stewardess.
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: