Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Chongqing citrus supply is sufficient for two holidays and prices are stable
Regional fruit supply in this period with two holidays occurring in close succession, mainly consists of citrus harvested in the middle-season, such as Brocade oranges, Navel oranges, and Red tangerines. According to estimates the production volume is 1.41 million tons, which is an increase of 34 thousand tons compared to the previous year. The supply is sufficient. Last year during Spring Festival the sales went well. It was colloquially called 'raking citrus together'. This year's supply is even larger.
Data from the Ministry of Agriculture shows that this production season there was a total surface area of 2.5 million hectares nationwide devoted to growing citrus. The total production volume was 37.65 million tons. This is an increase of 1.48 million tons compared to the previous year, or an increase of 4%. The citrus varieties that compete with the mid-season oranges from Chongqing, such as the Navel oranges and Sugar oranges, show a recovery and an increase in production, but overall they remain in bottom position.
Main production areas in Jiangxi, Guangdong, and Guangxi struggle with citrus greening disease. The pressure from sales of middle-season oranges from Chongqing increased during this production season, but still sales improved in this part of the year. It is estimated that the regional price of middle-season oranges from Chongqing will come down a bit during this production season, but not much. It will maintain stable movement in the higher regions.
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: