- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Australia: Next cyclone could spread Panama disease
Australian Banana Growers Council (ABGC) director Leon Collins said a cyclone could spread the Panama disease, which would be "game over" for their crops.
"Once you've got it in your area it will never be settled. It's something we'll have to deal with for the rest of our lives," he said.
Far-north Queensland is yet to experience a large cyclonic event or huge wet spell since Panama disease was discovered in Tully in 2015. Sbs.com reported that the last major cyclones to hit the region were Yasi in 2011 and Larry in 2006. Both events devastated banana plantations in the area and drove up prices, but if a cyclone was to spread Panama disease, which can live in the soil for up to 90 years, the effects could be more long-lasting.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-14 Banana exports from Laos to China fell by 184.04% this year
- 2018-11-14 Cameroon: Historic decline in banana exports
- 2018-11-14 Peru: BOS plans to export 8.2 million kilos of bananas
- 2018-11-14 China: Price of bananas in Nanning, Guangxi, slowly warms up
- 2018-11-14 Demand on cooking bananas about to increase sharply
- 2018-11-14 California: Chiquita renews contract with Port of Hueneme
- 2018-11-13 Saving the banana from worldwide disease
- 2018-11-13 Banana farm inspections to ease SPS compliance worries
- 2018-11-13 Philippines trails its peers in all crops except for pineapple and banana
- 2018-11-12 China: Large volume of bananas held up at Mengkang Port
- 2018-11-12 China: Banana price still high in November despite fluctuations
- 2018-11-12 Cameroon: significant decline in banana exports
- 2018-11-12 UK: Man accused of stealing over £120,000 worth of bananas
- 2018-11-09 China: Why the price of imported bananas suddenly increased by 20%?
- 2018-11-09 Mexico: Chiapas exports plantain to Canada
- 2018-11-09 Cameroon banana exports fell by 13,394t in September-October
- 2018-11-08 "Supplies of bananas good…for now"
- 2018-11-08 Ugandan MPs want to shut down PIBID banana project
- 2018-11-08 Banana shortage strikes New Zealand’s major supermarket chains
- 2018-11-07 "Bananas more expensive in 2019"