Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bangladesh jujube orchards profitable for farmersSeveral varieties of jujube are proving to be a worthwhile crop in the Jessore District. Some 500 local farmers are benefiting from jujube cultivation, with their harvests being sold in the Bangladesh capital Dhaka and across the country.
Popular varieties include apel, bau and the newly-developed Dhaka-90 jujube strain, all of which can offer solid profits within several months of planting.
Farmer Khorshed Alam from Samta village has been at the forefront of the local jujube industry's development, growing the fruit for the last twelve years. With three orchards his efforts have inspired others. “I started with little capital, but my jujube farm is going well.”
According to The Daily Star, Khorshed is also helping others. This season, around 45 other orchardists will send jujube harvests to Dhaka and Barisal through this renowned jujube farmer, with shipments having started last November.
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: