Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand: Pineapple invasion perplexes PapamoaAbout a dozen pineapples washed up on the beach of Papamoa, a suburb of Tauranga, yesterday. Papamoa locals have been left scratching their heads. The tropical fruits were scattered along the shoreline near Karewa Parade.
Local resident Chase Schiphorst told radionz.co how the pineapples spread across a 30m stretch of the beach. Mr Schiphorst said it was possible a container ship or barge had dropped them, but after hearing that cocaine had been hidden inside fresh pineapples in Europe, he wondered whether there was a bigger story at play.
The Ministry for Primary Industries said it did not believe the pineapples were likely to present a biosecurity risk as they have to be treated for pests and insects before being exported to New Zealand.
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: