Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit ScandinaviŽ en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand: Pineapple invasion perplexes PapamoaAbout a dozen pineapples washed up on the beach of Papamoa, a suburb of Tauranga, yesterday. Papamoa locals have been left scratching their heads. The tropical fruits were scattered along the shoreline near Karewa Parade.
Local resident Chase Schiphorst told radionz.co how the pineapples spread across a 30m stretch of the beach. Mr Schiphorst said it was possible a container ship or barge had dropped them, but after hearing that cocaine had been hidden inside fresh pineapples in Europe, he wondered whether there was a bigger story at play.
The Ministry for Primary Industries said it did not believe the pineapples were likely to present a biosecurity risk as they have to be treated for pests and insects before being exported to New Zealand.
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: