Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand: Pineapple invasion perplexes PapamoaAbout a dozen pineapples washed up on the beach of Papamoa, a suburb of Tauranga, yesterday. Papamoa locals have been left scratching their heads. The tropical fruits were scattered along the shoreline near Karewa Parade.
Local resident Chase Schiphorst told radionz.co how the pineapples spread across a 30m stretch of the beach. Mr Schiphorst said it was possible a container ship or barge had dropped them, but after hearing that cocaine had been hidden inside fresh pineapples in Europe, he wondered whether there was a bigger story at play.
The Ministry for Primary Industries said it did not believe the pineapples were likely to present a biosecurity risk as they have to be treated for pests and insects before being exported to New Zealand.
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: