Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia: Hass avocados are the most exported fruit from the port of Buenaventura
Colombia has had an increase in Hass avocado exports, thanks to its quality and the high demand, and 400 tons of this product have been shipped through the port of Buenaventura.
"In 2017 this variety of avocado became a flagship export product, especially to Hong Kong and Saudi Arabia, where demand has been growing gradually," said Victor Julio Gonzalez, the manager of the Regional Port Society of Buenaventura.
He also stated that market expectations for this product were promising and that they expected exports would double in 2018.
The Hass variety has been gaining other markets, such as the United States, after the government of that country authorized its entry and commercialization.
Last year, the port of Buenaventura mobilized more than 18 million tons through its five terminals, and 10 million tons through the Regional Port Society.
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: