Job offersmore »
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia: Hass avocados are the most exported fruit from the port of Buenaventura
Colombia has had an increase in Hass avocado exports, thanks to its quality and the high demand, and 400 tons of this product have been shipped through the port of Buenaventura.
"In 2017 this variety of avocado became a flagship export product, especially to Hong Kong and Saudi Arabia, where demand has been growing gradually," said Victor Julio Gonzalez, the manager of the Regional Port Society of Buenaventura.
He also stated that market expectations for this product were promising and that they expected exports would double in 2018.
The Hass variety has been gaining other markets, such as the United States, after the government of that country authorized its entry and commercialization.
Last year, the port of Buenaventura mobilized more than 18 million tons through its five terminals, and 10 million tons through the Regional Port Society.
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: