Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Free Tru-Cape apples given to uniformed firefighters in South Africa
As a thank you for the extraordinary efforts by Fire and Rescue teams, Tru-Cape Fruit Marketing, headquartered in Somerset West, invites any uniformed fire fighters to enjoy free Tru-Cape apples at their offices.
Putting out fires is something everyone in business has to deal with all the time and South Africa’s largest apple and pear exporter, Tru-Cape Fruit Marketing, is no exception. Except those metaphorical fires are nothing compared to the on-going challenges that Western Cape Firefighters and the many volunteers who assist in saving people, homes and our pristine environment have to face.
Tru-Cape, along with many community-minded businesses and organisations, is always on hand to support fire fighters with fresh fruit when they need it most.
As recently as earlier in November swathes of Gordon’s Bay were ravaged by flames. Like at this occasion and the devastating Somerset West fire which almost threatened to destroy one of the most historic homesteads on the mountain, and, before that on Sir Lowry’s pass and into Grabouw, Tru-Cape has continued its support of the fire-fighting effort.
“We know that many others give generously too but we want to register our gratitude for and appreciation of the life-risking efforts of our fire fighters," Tru-Cape Fruit Marketing's Group Marketing Manager, Conrad Fick said. "We know first hand how frighteningly hot it gets when we’ve assisted our growers combating farm fires. We will continue to deliver fruit where it is needed but also want to extend an open invitation to any fire fighters in uniform to come to our offices in St James street, Somerset West when they need their fix of Tru-Cape apples.”
Firefighting brothers, Reuben (left) and Steven (right) Jordaan select a Tru-Cape apple from company receptionist Jessica Brand. Steven Jordaan heads Strand’s Fire & Rescue service while Reuben is based at the nearby Macassar branch. All live in the Somerset West area.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: