Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Migros Group 2017: solid growth in a challenging environmentIn 2012, the Migros Group achieved total sales of CHF 28.0 billion and growth of CHF 267 million (+ 1.0%). Retail sales increased nominally to CHF 23.48 billion (+ 0.9%). The ten cooperatives achieved sales of CHF 15.55 billion (-0.5%), mainly due to the minus of -0.4% on the Migros product ranges. In e-commerce, Migros was able to further expand its undisputed position as market leader with a sales growth of 5.1% to CHF 1.95 billion.
"The increasing shift from stationary to digital commerce, negative currency effects that impacted on the travel business, as well as continuing shopping tourism shaped the revenue development of the Migros Group last year. Digitec Galaxus posted a very encouraging growth of 18.5%. The supermarket showed that sustainability, health and regional labels continued to be popular, with sales totaling CHF 4.02 billion (+ 3.6%). With Bike World and Micasa home, we were again able to launch two innovative formats and could continue to grow in the health sector. All in all, thanks to the trust and loyalty of its customers, Migros remains the undisputed market leader in Switzerland," says Fabrice Zumbrunnen, President of the Directorate General of the Federation of Migros Cooperatives (MGB).
Increase in sales of regional and sustainable products
Regional and sustainable products continue to grow in importance. For over CHF 970 million (+ 3.0%), products from the typical Migros ‘From the region. For the region’-assortment were bought. Even products with ecological or social added value are enjoying great popularity, with sales of CHF 2.96 billion (+ 3.8%). Particularly noteworthy are the Migros organic range and the sustainability program TerraSuisse. Together they are responsible for more than half of the turnover. With a total of CHF 4.02 billion, sales of sustainable and regional labels as well as the health label "aha!" (CHF 87 million) are + 3.6% up on the previous year.
[1 CHF = € 0,85]
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: