Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US marketing agency takes on new partner in 2018
Golden Sun Marketing, a consultancy serving the fresh produce industry, announces the elevation of Tom Thompson as partner and co-owner to help lead the company’s ongoing success as it evolves along with the produce industry.
Founded by Don Goodwin in 2004, the firm provides its unique combination of services to the industry. At its inception, Goodwin saw a need for a firm that leverages its retailer network and consumer insights to partner with grower/shippers on business development and strategic planning while providing marketing strategy and services.
Today, the new partnership with Thompson allows Golden Sun Marketing to continue growing, while Goodwin’s level of involvement in the company will remain unchanged.
“I am very excited for Tom to join Golden Sun as an owner and partner as he brings a strong skillset and great talents to our business.” “This move positions us for long-term success after 13 years of rapid and significant growth.”
Thompson brings over 16 years of experience in the fresh produce industry. He began his career at C.H Robinson Worldwide in their Robinson Fresh network where he held a number of roles from leading their category management strategy, to business development and key retail account strategy. Thompson continued on to positions at Target Corporation and J&J Distributing as the vice president of strategy and business partnerships.
“I consider myself fortunate to work with and learn from Don as he has a broad track record of success in the industry and we have common vision to take the company to new levels,” said Thompson. “Joining Golden Sun has afforded me the opportunity to work with a very knowledgeable team at Golden Sun, but also clients across the floral and produce industry that are leaders in their categories. I look forward to being part of this team and supporting our clients with their continued growth.”
Prior to launching Golden Sun Marketing, Don worked for Target Corporation, where he led the development and launch of fresh produce within Super Target. He later served as the COO of Green Giant Fresh and helped found Imagination Farms, a fresh produce distribution company focused on increasing children's consumption of fruits and vegetables.
Golden Sun Marketing
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: