Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentina: Good prospects for kiwi campaign
"The prospects for the next kiwi campaign in the south east of the province of Buenos Aires are excellent. The farms run by our company, Don Kiwi, have good volumes of fruit of a very good size compared to previous years. Although at the time of the pollination we had excessive rainfall, we didn't suffer any frosts," says Mariano Martínez, manager of Don Kiwi Argentina.
The company is based in Mar del Plata and has 30 hectares of the Hayward variety in production. "We hope that when the production reaches its peak, we'll have around 1 million kilos of kiwis. This year we expect to start harvesting around the second week of April, when we hope the fruit will have enough Brix degrees and dry matter to be able to meet the quality standards demanded by our company," explains Mariano Martínez.
The firm collaborates very closely with the Spanish company Kiwinatur. "Both companies share the same business values, aiming for the highest care and quality criteria for the fruit. With this alliance, we strive to offer high quality fruit all year round in both hemispheres," concludes Mariano.
For more information:
Mariano Martinez - Manager
T: +54 0223 451-6731
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: