- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Mobile floating supermarkets on Ganges from next year
Carrefour cut its profit forecast again ahead of strategy plan
South African retail sales rose by 8.2% year-on-year in November, beating expectations by far, after increasing by a revised 3.5% in October, data from the statistics office showed. Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast a 3.1% year-on-year increase in retail sales in November.
Dubai: Spinneys launches traceable labelling initiative
Spinneys has partnered with leading agricultural assurance organisation GlobalG.A.P., to introduce a new labelling system to provide customers with traceability on the food they are purchasing. The trial, which will initially be on a selected number of stone fruits, will see a GlobalG.A.P. Number (GGN) label added to applicable products showing the origins of the food, resulting in farm to fork transparency.
France: Carrefour warns on profit again ahead of strategy plan
Carrefour cut its 2017 profit forecast for the second time in six months, as its new boss prepares to unveil a turnaround plan for the world’s second-largest retailer next week. The French supermarket group said it now expected recurring operating profit of about 2bln euros ($2.5bln). That would be down 15% year-on-year at current exchange rates, worse than the 12% drop it forecast in August.
Shoprite feels African slowdown
Shoprite's non-South African supermarket division recorded negative growth for the six months to December, owing to the effect of lower commodity prices and the depreciation of currencies of the countries in which the group operates. The division also had to battle weaker consumer buying power and tough competition in all the territories. Shoprite operates in Angola, Namibia, Nigeria and Zambia.
India: Mobile supermarkets on the Ganges from next year
A city-based company has firmed up plans to launch two mobile floating supermarkets that would cruise the river Hooghly and offer consumers a new shopping experience. Tirupati Vessel Ltd, a logistics company, will be spending Rs100crore for the venture. “The floating supermarkets would connect many cities and towns along the river and reach out to the masses with multi-brand products and services,” Rajiv Agarwal, managing director of Tirupati Vancom said.
US: Intel underfoot: floor sensors rise as retail data source
A Milwaukee-based startup has developed floor sensors to give retailers insights on customers as they move through their stores. Online clicks give retailers valuable insight into consumer behavior, but what can they learn from footsteps? It's a question Milwaukee-based startup Scanalytics is helping businesses explore with floor sensors that track people's movements.
US: Albertsons: Q3 results
Albertsons’ net sales were broadly flat in Q3, falling 0.1% to $13.6bln, with comparable store sales down 1.8%. The retailer saw traffic decline 2.7% in the quarter as its promotional investments failed to resonate with its customers. The retailer mainly saw declines in non-perishable categories, with sales of perishables up 4.3%.
US: Judith McKenna to lead Walmart International
Walmart has appointed Judith McKenna as President and CEO, Walmart International, effective February 1. She takes over from David Cheesewright who will remain with the retailer full-time through March and then serve the company, on a limited basis, with specific projects for a longer period of time. This is a great appointment for Walmart given McKenna's track record within the business, and her broad-based experience, including within the international division.
Amazon now owns 1/5 of online grocery
Amazon reportedly earned 18% of U.S. online grocery sales – valued at $2bln – in 2017, representing growth of 59%, according to new research from Sandy, Utah-based ecommerce solutions firm One Click Retail. The Seattle-based ecommerce giant also saw growth of more than 50% in its two other biggest markets: the United Kingdom and Germany, the firm noted in its “Amazon Grocery 2017 Review” report.
The best supermarkets in America
Publix and Wegmans are tied for first place as the best supermarkets in the US, followed by Trader Joe’s and H-E-B, according to a survey. Publix ranked highest for fast checkouts, item availability, and store cleanliness. Trader Joe’s scored the highest in cashier courtesy and Aldi got the best score on value. More than 12,700 consumers were asked to rate their favorite grocery chains on attributes like best value, fastest service, and cleanliness for the survey by Market Force Information, a retail consulting firm.
Whole Foods' store brands boost AmazonFresh sales 35%
Data analytics firm, One Click Retail, reports that Whole Foods’ store brand products boosted AmazonFresh grocery sales 35% in the last four months of 2017 compared to the previous four months, according to a news release. Weekly sales of AmazonFresh more than doubled in 2017, from roughly $3mln in January to $7mln by the end of the year. Organic products fared very well, accounting for close to 25% of all AmazonFresh sales.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 Metcash: deal signed to construct new South Australian DC
- 2018-11-20 Kroger: location revealed of first Ocado-powered fulfillment center
- 2018-11-19 Ocado: deal opportunities in Europe, Asia & Australia
- 2018-11-19 Lidl to buy up 27 Best Market stores
- 2018-11-16 Wesfarmers: Coles spin-off approved by shareholders
- 2018-11-16 Ahold Delhaize is looking for acquisitions in the United States
- 2018-11-15 Rewe Group: the most technologically sophisticated online-shopping facility in Europe
- 2018-11-15 Amazon: new headquarters selected
- 2018-11-14 Qoo10: package collection at 7-Eleven enabled by end of 2018
- 2018-11-14 Ahold Delhaize: Leading Together strategy focuses on 3-year growth
- 2018-11-13 Amazon France: producers’ boutique launched
- 2018-11-13 H-E-B: frictionless checkout expanded
- 2018-11-12 Spar to develop its digital strategy
- 2018-11-12 Tops Markets LLC prepares for Chapter 11 exit
- 2018-11-09 Carrefour Brasil beats Q3 profit estimates
- 2018-11-09 Costco: October sales results
- 2018-11-08 Sainsbury’s: like-for-like retail sales marginally up in first half
- 2018-11-08 Kroger: voice-assistant ordering for grocery ecommerce
- 2018-11-07 Morrisons: sales growth slows over last 3 months
- 2018-11-07 Lucky’s Market: store expansion in Florida